Disclaimer: This is a sponsored post from Dole. I created Tropical Banana Bread with Honey in collaboration with Dole to bring awareness to Dole’s Peel the Love “Banana Cabana” Tour.
When I shop in the produce section there are several items that we always buy. Bananas are always on the list. They are a great on the go fruit. On any given day I am snatching one up to gobble down in the car on my way to complete our daily adventures. They are a great source of vitamins and minerals and very beneficial in blood pressure. We are a banana loving family. So when Dole reached out to me, naturally I was excited to team with them and share their exciting Peel the Love “Banana Cabana” Tour.
Tropical Banana Bread with Honey
For my participation in the Peel the Love campaign, I wanted to share a healthy recipe that is a great alternative to traditional banana bread. Usually, my family can’t consume all the purchased fruit before it over ripens. Not wanting to let the fruit go to waste, I will toss them into the freezer to use in a smoothie or cook with at a later time. For this recipe that is exactly what I used – 3 previously frozen over ripened dole bananas. In an effort to make the traditional banana recipe a bit healthier, I used pineapple purée instead of butter and local organic honey instead of brown sugar.
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cut pineapple puree
- ¾ cup local organic honey
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 mashed over ripe bananas
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Lightly grease 5 small muffin tins with coconut oil
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine pineapple puree and honey. Once mixed thoroughly add the beaten eggs and mashed bananas.
- Pour the fruit mixture into flour mixture. Stir until moisten. *Be careful not to over stir once moisten
- Pour battered into prepared muffin tins.
- Bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes or until you can insert a toothpick and it comes out clean.
- Let bread come to room temperature before serving.
For more great banana and tropical fruit recipes check Dole’s Peel the Love site!
Peel the Love
What is Peel the Love? Peel the Love is a year-long Dole campaign that celebrates the fun, irreverence and whimsical side of bananas and other tropical fruit. The Peel the Love “Banana Cabana” tour will visit 26 cities across the country from Memorial Day through Labor Day. They will be here in the Jacksonville area July 19-25th.
Banana Cabana Tour
The brightly covered Tour vehicle and “Banana Cabana” will make stops at public venues, special events and supermarkets throughout Jacksonville July 19-25.
- 7/20 – Winn-Dixie (96076 Lofton Square Ct., Yulee, FL) – 10am-1pm
- 7/20 – Winn-Dixie (947 Amelia Plaza, Fernandina Beach, FL) – 3-6pm
- 7/21 – Winn-Dixie (450078 SR 200, Callahan, FL) – 11am-2pm
- 7/24 – Winn-Dixie (1545 County Rd. 220, Orange Park, FL) – 10am-1pm
- 7/24 – Winn-Dixie (290 Solana Rd., Ponte Vedra, FL) – 3-6pm
- 7/25 – Winn-Dixie (703 Chaffee Rd., Jacksonville, FL) – 10am-1pm
- 7/25 – Winn-Dixie (5647 Roosevelt Blvd., Jacksonville, FL) – 3-6pm
Jacksonville residents can “Peel the Love” with Dole and Blue Diamond to discover that healthy summer eating is fun, easy and delicious. They will be offering banana recipes, recipe booklets, product samples, banana-themed kid’s activity sheets and other free giveaways.
Don’t live in Jacksonville? Click HERE to find a city near you!