Tuttorosso tomato products have been a primary staple in the pantries of discerning cooks since 1929, when the first cans of Tuttorosso were produced from lush tomato fields, like those in the old country. Tuttorosso is owned by Red Gold, a fourth generation family of tomato experts.
This is an exciting and fun opportunity to share my blog with a local audience as well as show off some of the domestic skills I have acquired in the last 12 years. Tune it at 8:55 am when I will prepare Hearty Turkey Mushroom Chili. Then at 9:55 am I will prepare Italian Tomato Salsa and Chicken Artichoke Pizza (recipe below). I look forward to sharing with you the video clip of my presentation of these meals on Good Morning Jacksonville!
Chicken Artichoke Pizza
This yummy pizza is a healthy alternative to traditional pizza. It replaces butter, with Italian salad dressing and substitutes pepperoni’s with chicken and artichokes. The alternate ingredients joined together pack a whole bunch of deliciousness into one pizza.
- 1 (6 oz) jar marinated artichoke hearts
- 1.5 cups cooked chicken strips
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 prebaked pizza crust
- 2 tablespoons Italian salad dressing
- ½ (28 oz) can Tuttorosso Peeled Tomatoes with Basil
- 1.5 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Drain the artichokes and reserve the liquid. Coarsely chop artichokes.
- In a large skillet, bring artichoke liquid to a boil over medium-high heat. Cook until most liquid has evaporated.
- Add chicken and garlic to the skillet. Cook for 3-5 minutes. Stir in artichokes; remove from heat.
- Place pizza crust on a baking sheet and brush with dressing. Top with Tuttorosso Peeled Tomatoes with basil and chicken mixture.
- Season the pizza with salt & pepper. Top with cheese and bake for 15 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Cut into wedges and serve