Spring has sprung and Easter is right around the corner! This past week was spring break for my children. While we didn’t travel anywhere for our break, we did have a blast staying home and enjoying our city. We spent one day at the park, a day at the beach, a day at the zoo and of course we dedicated one day to crafting. Our crafting day consisted of creating 2 DIY spring centerpieces and putting together the easter tablescape.
DIY Spring Centerpieces
We created our simple and easy centerpieces with items I picked up from the Dollar Tree. The dancing flower centerpiece is the most attractive to small children. It’s smiling flowers are cheerful and bright. They were also super easy to twist together and place into a colored a pail.
- 3 Plush Flowers with Wire inside
- 1 bag of Paper Easter Grass
- 1 strip of ribbon
- 1 colored pail
- Twist the three flowers around one another to create your desired look.
- Fold up the bottom of the stems to reach the desired height for your flowers once placed inside the pail.
- Tie the ribbon around your pail, attach the ribbon with hot glue if needed to secure in place.
- Place the flowers into the pail then pour/push down the paper easter grass around the stems to create a filler inside the pail.
- 3 Foam Eggs
- 2 Blue Flowers
- 2 Purple Butterflies
- Burlap Ribbon
- Tera Cotta Pot
- pastel colored tissue paper torn into to 1 inch pieces
- deer moss
- styrofoam flower pot insert
- bamboo skewers
- white paint
- foam paint brush
- ½ cup glue
- 2tbsp of water
- hot glue/hot glue gun
- Paint the terra cotta pot white with your foam brush. Set Aside to Dry
- Mix glue and water in a small bowl until well mixed.
- Dip the top of the foam flower pot insert into the glue mix and then spread deer moss on top of the insert until sufficiently covered. Set aside to dry
- Dip torn tissue pieces into the glue mixture until soaked and then apply to the pot. Continue with this process until the entire exterior of the pot is covered. Set aside to dry.
- Push bamboo skewers into the bottom of the 3 foam eggs.
- Hot glue bamboo skewers to the back of the butterflies and flowers.
- Once the pot & styrofoam is fully dry place the styrofoam into the pot.
- Tie the burlap ribbon and attach to the pot with hot glue.
- Push the eggs, flowers and butterflies into the styrofoam. Experiment with different placements of the accessories until you reach your desired look.
And there you have it – a DIY Spring Centerpieces!
I love how everything is $1 at the dollar tree. It’s amazing how many items you can mark of your holiday list for a lot less than other stores.
Are you looking for craft inspiration this holiday season? Check out Ileavehappy.com for more holiday decoration and entertaining tips and ideas.
And remember, if you make one of our DIY projects be sure to share with us on Instagram or Facebook by tagging @joyfulmusings