The temperatures are dropping here in Jacksonville. Fall is in the air, football season is in full swing and the fireplace held its first fire this week. It is precisely this time of year that I have a major craving for chili! Tuttorosso tomatoes sent me some samples of their quality products. As soon I opened the box I knew I wanted to make my quick and easy chili recipe.
Tuttorosso is owned by Red Gold, a fourth generation family of tomato experts. Red Gold has been producing premium quality tomato products since 1942. Exceptional quality and operational excellence are the shared values that contributed to the employee-created mission statement: “To produce the freshest, best tasting tomato products in the world”.
CONFESSION: I used to make my chili from the directions off of the chili seasoning packet. *Gasp* That was before I realized how easy chili is to make and do not have to include ingredients that you cannot pronounce. My quick and easy chili recipe is as efficient as the packet, yet offers you a healthier alternative!
I gathered my ingredients, including peeled plum Tuttorosso Tomatoes, fresh garlic and onions, green pepper, seasonings and lean ground beef, and set off to getting in the fall spirit with a large pot of chili.
Follow my quick and easy chili recipe that is sure to please any crowd.
- 1.5 lbs of lean ground beef
- 1 (28 oz) Tuttorosso Peeled Plum Shaped Tomatoes
- 1 (15 oz) can of pinto beans
- 1 (15 oz) can of light red kidney beans
- 1 (15 oz) can of dark red kidney beans
- 1 (12 oz) can of tomato paste
- 1 medium sized onion – diced
- 1 green bell pepper – diced
- 1 clove of garlic – diced
- 3 teaspoons paprika powder
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1.5 teaspoons black pepper
- .5 teaspoon white pepper
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 1 (32 oz) container of beef broth
- Brown the lean ground beef in a skillet over medium heat. Drain off the fat.
- Add onions, bell pepper and garlic to ground beef. Saute until tender.
- In a large pot, add beef broth, all spices, ground beef mixture, beans and tomatoes.
- Bring to a slow boil on medium high and then reduce to medium low.
- Simmer on medium low for 1-3 hours. Stirring every 15-20 minutes.
We love to serve our chili with crackers on the side. The recipe has been tweeked and perfected to satisfy the bellies of the men in my home. Its pretty darn tasty if you ask me too!
Everyone loves giveaways! Tuttorosso Tomatoes Facebook page is hosting daily giveaways between November 8th- December 22nd. Follow them at https://www.facebook.com/tuttorossotomato to get in on the prize winning action. Premium prizes for its Ultimate Daily Giveaway will include items such as Stock Pots by Rachael Ray, Wusthof Knives, Wusthof Sharpener, Rachael Ray Pasta and Salad Bowls, Good Grips Garlic Press, Cheese Rotary Grater by Zyliss, etc. And, on Tuttorosso Tuesday and Thursdays, a gift basket of Tuttorosso Tomatoes will be given away throughout the promotion. Prizes will change each day, so you’ll need to return and enter each time you want a chance to win. Winners will be drawn randomly and notified as soon as possible.
Disclosure: I received a sample product for review purposes. No other compensation was given and the opinions in this post are solely mine and are based on my experience with the product.